08/06/2011

Convert your shed to Solar Power



If like me you have a stingy yet inventive streak consider using your own solar power in your garage.

This whole build is made from :

1 X 10w (or above) Photo Voltaic solar panel £33
1 X Solar Charge controller £15
2 meters of 15amp cable ( Already had)
1 X 15ah battery £20
8 X Spade connectors £1
1 X Power Inverter ( Above the wattage of the the equipment you use ) £30
2 X 13amp switched fuseways £4
1 X RCD ( Already had)
2 X 13amp wall sockets £ 4
5 meters of 23amp mains cable ( Already had)
1 X Energy saving lightbulb and Brakcet ( Already had)
Wire connectors (I used like 20!) £1
Other Items £5

Total £110

This post came via Instructables to read the full tutorial of how to kit out your shed or garage for solar power read the full tutorial here. Personally I have now mains power to my garage and whilst there’s no way to get said power I think I will be trying something like this at some point as I don't have any lights. If anyone does have a crack at anything like this or for that matter already has done please share any advice you have on the concept. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment